I already registered for AC20 earlier this year – now what?
You are all set! Registered attendees will receive an email with an access code the week before the virtual conference.
What if I register for AC20 but am later unable to participate, can I transfer my registration to someone else?
Yes, please contact our Member Services team to transfer your registration, by phone 510-382-7800 option 4 or via email MemberServices@cwea.org. Substitutions can be done at anytime before the conference begins.
I have the AC20 Standard 30 /Extended 60 registration type – how do I upgrade to the next level of Extended 60 / Premium 90 and get more days to access and watch the on-demand content?
Please contact our Member Services team to update your registration, by phone 510-382-7800 option 4 or via email MemberServices@cwea.org. Any registration changes should be done by October 9, 2020.
How do I request a refund?
Please send a written request to our Member Services team at least 30 days, September 19, 2020, prior to the conference via email MemberServices@cwea.org. No refunds will be given for cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the conference.
How do I log into the AC20 Virtual Conference & Expo?
Registered attendees will receive an email with an access code the week before the conference.
How do I access the sessions, and other conference materials?
Many features are only accessible to registered attendees. Once logged in, the vertical menu on the left side of the screen will give you options for browsing the various aspects of the conference.
How do I create my schedule?
Once logged in to your account, you can Favorite a session by clicking the star on the right side of each session. This will add it to the My Schedule page. This can be removed by clicking the star icon again. If you want to add a specific talk from a session, you can navigate to that session, then to the specific talk, and click the Favorite button at the top of the page.
How do I update my profile or add a photo?
While logged in to your account, you can navigate to your profile by clicking on your first name and last initial in the top right corner, clicking the drop-down arrow, and selecting My Conference Profile. To add a photo, click Upload Photo, crop as needed, and then click Save My Profile.
I have registered for the conference but when logging in, it says “Account was not found” or I used the “Forgot Access Key?” link but haven’t received the email.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I connect with other attendees?
- Registered attendees will receive a link to set up your profile. Upload a photo, add your bio and link to your social media accounts. You can browse other attendees’ profiles and connect with them directly.
- Choose from many networking sessions that will be ongoing throughout the conference.
- Chat with other attendees during a scheduled roundtable video chat session.
- Use the app to chat with other attendees one-on-one
How can I message another attendee, or check my messages?
You can navigate to the person you’d like to message by going to Attendees on the left-hand navigation, then searching for the person, clicking into their profile, and selecting the chat button at the top. To check for new messages, select “Show only my chats” under the users search bar (or above the X, Y, Z of the alphabet).
How do I join a live session?
Each session will have a Live Stream button at the top of the session page. This button will be greyed out until shortly before the scheduled session time, at which point you will be able to enter the session room. Once you have entered the live stream viewer, take a moment to familiarize yourself with the icons that are available:
- Ascending Vertical Bars: these will control the volume of your livestream. Click a box and turn it blue to increase the volume, or gray to decrease the volume.
- Expanding Arrows: this will control the size of your screen. Click once to enter the full-screen viewer, or click again to return to the original size.
I’m having problems with the Live Stream.
- If you are unable to hear any sound at all, be sure your speakers are turned on, and you are not set to Mute within the live stream window. When the stream begins, you may see a message that says something like “Click here to unmute.”
- If the slides or speaker appear blurry at any point, it may be an internet connectivity issue. If you know that your connection is good, and you refresh your screen, but the images are still distorted, the issue may be with the speaker’s connectivity.
- If you are having trouble with the video feed, or are not seeing any video at all during the time of the Live Stream event, try refreshing your browser. You can do this by clicking the circular refresh icon beside the URL or holding down Ctrl +R buttons on your keyboard on a desktop/laptop.
- You can also increase/decrease the resolution value of the stream. In the bottom right corner, you may see a number like 1080p. This is the highest resolution, and most recommended. If you see a number lower than 1080p, click on the number to adjust the resolution.
How do I ask the speaker a question?
Once in the Live Stream Viewer, you will see Help, Questions, and Discussion on the right side of the viewer (see example here [link to image below]). Many speakers will be participating in the discussion or answering the questions live. Within the Question area, type in your question, and hit Enter. Other attendees will be able to see your question and vote-up questions that they find most relevant. As your question accrues points, it will move to the top of the list.
The best experience will be on a Google Chrome internet browser with a minimum internet speed connection of 2MB/s upload/download.
If you are experiencing issues when using the Firefox browser for live sessions.
- Try right-clicking in the panel to bring up the drop-down menu, select “This Frame” and “Open Frame in New Window”
- Switch to Chrome or an alternative browser.
- Disable Firefox extensions and refresh your page.
What do I need to attend virtually?
You will need access to an updated internet browser and good internet connection. Sessions will be viewable on a phone, tablet or computer. The best experience will be on a Google Chrome internet browser with a minimum internet speed connection of 2MB/s upload/download.
Attendees will use the email addressed they registered with along with a password. The login information will be sent out the week prior to the conference.
What will attendees need in order to view/participate in the conference webinars?
The platform is a website so you need any web browser, such as IE, Edge, Firefox or Google’s Chrome browser. A download of the platform is not required, it is viewable in a webpage, and we find Google Chrome browser provides the best experience. Sessions will be played via a video player and the platform does not require the use of Zoom.
To participate in video chats through a smart phone or ipad, you will need to download the EventScribe live app to your device. To participate in the scavenger hunt, you will need to download the conference app.
Will recorded versions of the talks be available?
Registered attendees will have access to all sessions on-demand. Recordings of live sessions will be posted 48+ hours after the original session time. These can be accessed for up to 90 days after the conference, depending on your registration type.
What time zone will the conference schedule be in?
The schedule will be in Pacific Time (PT). All content will be available on-demand for watching at your leisure if you are not able to attend live.